Purpose: Have fun, enjoy the competition, and become a better poet by participating in our peer critique process for this contest.
Who Can Enter: This contest is open to all poets. All submissions must be posted and assigned critiques completed by February 28, 2010. Poems must be 50 lines or fewer. You may post additional poems to this site for critique, but only one poem will be eligible for this contest.
Subject Matter: Open, you choose. The poem should adhere to our content policy.
Prizes: The winner of this contest will receive $100.
How to Enter: It’s pretty easy
- Create a free account or sign in for existing members.
- Upload your poem; make sure you select Poetry Contest as the category.
- Submit your poem for peer critique.
- Complete your assigned reviews, this is discussed more below.
Decisions: There will be 3 rounds of judging.
- Authors from the Review Fuse staff will select the 10 best poems for Round 2.
- Of these 10 poems, Review Fuse management will select the 5 authors who gave the most detailed and well thought out critiques of their peer’s poetry for Round 3.
- The winner will then be selected by 3 creative writing and poetry professors.
Entry Fee: There are no entry fees or purchases of any kind required to enter and win the contest. After you submit your poem to the contest you will be required to complete assigned critiques of other poets (4 for free members and 2 for premium members). You will receive 3 critiques of your poem in return. Those who do not complete their critiques will not be eligible to win the contest.
Rights: All poems remain the sole property of the author. After we have selected the winner we will seek permission from the author to publish the winning poem on our blog. The author is under no obligation to allow this.
Notification: The prize winner will be notified by email on March 13, 2010. We will announce the prize winner on our blog on March 15, 2010.