Valentine’s Day Short Story Contest - $50 Prize
Since our December Short Story Contest was such a success, we’ve decided to sponsor another holiday-themed contest. This time we’re tackling the polarizing holiday of Valentine’s Day, or “Singles Awareness Day” to some. The winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate.
Based on feedback from our first contest, we changed a few things, so be sure to read the following instructions for joining the contest and submitting a qualifying story:
Joining the contest
- If you haven’t already sign up for Review Fuse. You only need a free membership to join the contest.
- Upload your story. When you upload your story, be sure to choose “Valentine’s Contest” as the category.
- Submit your story for peer critique. You can do this directly from the upload confirmation page or from the “my account” page after you’ve uploaded the story. Remember, if you’ve already submitted a work for review in a separate category, you’ll need to complete your assigned reviews before you can submit any new works for peer review.
- Complete your assigned reviews. When you submit your story for peer critique, you’ll be assigned to critique the work of four other contest submissions (three if you’re a premium member). Be honest in your reviews. The scores you give other stories won’t influence our judging, but if it comes down to a tie, we might see who gave the most helpful reviews to determine a winner.
- To qualify, Valentine’s Day must play a part in your story. This does NOT mean your story has to be a romance, but it can be if you want. Remember, the winner of our December contest wrote a sci-fi Christmas story, so anything goes.
- Stories must be 3,000 words or less.
- The story must be your original work.
All stories must be submitted and assigned reviews completed by Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2009. The winner will be announced the following week on February 21st, 2009. You maintain all rights to your submission. If you plan have it published elsewhere, be sure to keep the privacy settings to “Allow only assigned reviewers” when you upload your story.
Good luck. Post any questions in the comments or use our contact us page.Stumble it!
Tags: Valentine's Day Contest